Precision Positioning Solutions
ZYGO's ZMI™ Displacement Measuring Interferometers (DMI) are the worldwide price & performance benchmarks for position measurement feedback in OEM applications. ZYGO's ZMI™ product line offers the broadest range of price and performance available today while continuing to add significant new innovations. ZYGO's ZMI™ products are advanced enough to meet your next-generation OEM requirements, today.
ZYGO is the technology and application support leader in heterodyne displacement interferometry. ZYGO offers complete solutions and support for your OEM metrology application. An extensive line of standard products is only the beginning; ZYGO also provides:
- A World class engineering partnership
- Mechanical and optical design expertise
- Assembly and tooling support to help reduce your manufacturing costs, and improve your system accuracy
- Custom optical fabrication of stage mirrors, "L" mirrors and low mass, low thermal expansion monolithic structures
There are thousands of ZMI™ systems performing in the most demanding of OEM applications. ZYGO's technologies and OEM products have been field proven over many years of use in leading-edge production facilities.
- Lithography tools: optical steppers and scanners, e-beam & laser mask writers
- Mask, wafer and LCD inspection and measurement tools, CD-SEM's
- Process equipment: memory repair tools, probers, die bonders, drilling tools
- Measurement and Calibration of high resolution or high frequency mechanical motions.
ZYGO's ZMI™ products are designed and manufactured to world-class standards of reliability suitable for some of the most demanding applications found in semiconductor manufacturing facilities. To control and insure the quality of our laser heads, ZYGO designs and manufactures our own proprietary laser tubes in a state of the art facility.
The Benefits of Heterodyne vs. Homodyne
- High signal to noise phase measurements eliminate false counts, even at zero slew rates
- Eliminates vibration induced false measurements
- Extremely robust for both OEM and end-user applications
- Easy to align and insensitive to signal amplitude changes
- High stability
- A single laser source can support multiple axes.
System Integration Simplified
- Multiple-axis boards require fewer backplane slots
- Simplified P2 interfacing means single or multiple boards can be easily bussed to a single servo card or motor controller
- Fiber optic connections between the interferometers and the system electronics mean easier integration, lower costs, and better ESD isolation
- Reduced cost of ownership with less setup time and less maintenance time.